Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy New Year (kind of) ~ My Blessings

Well once again I lack in writing. But I'm not sure how many people read this anyways so it's all good! Happy 2011! I'm only 24 days late of saying that. Last year was quite the adventure! towards the end of 2009 I made it a 2010 New Year's Resolution not to get engaged, as a joke. and I just want to say I think it's pretty sad that I couldn't even hold to it. Life has definitely taught me a lot but it's hard to admit, I'm glad everything I went through has happened. As much as I got whip lash and experienced a roller coaster of emotions, It taught me to be a better person and know how much worth I have. At time I wanted to scream and yell and wondered why everything was happening, I look back now and realized all I needed was a little patience and good attitude, not to mention tons of humbling. Living back in Utah has been good, at first it was hard, leaving behind all the kids I watched, taught and helped raise and saying good bye to my amazing hilarious family in which I've been bonding with more than ever before right up until I left.


As I was home for Christmas I took a few minutes to sit back and just take in everything I saw. How Amanda, - who I remember watching as she left for her first day of 3rd grade at a new school in Crescent City, now sitting there 17 years later putting together toys that her youngest (the twins) got for Christmas, then complimenting her oldest (Payton, who is 5) as she rocked out on her new guitar, then throwing her arm around Danny her Husband as they watched the kids play.


and Meridith, the second oldest kid of the Walch Family, who experienced a bad hair cut at a young age from when Amanda got a hold of some scissors, now talk to Casey about her mission she served to these days as her job as a Pre-school Teacher. Then Casey the youngest of us girls who I remember sharing a bedroom with when she was only in a crib, now discuss college plans and majors that she was interested in. It is so crazy how time flies, and to think my parents who I remember worked odd shifts, just to spend time at home with us, now work any schedule they desire and try to stay busy to ignore the fact that they have only one child left at home and if it weren't for demanding church callings, would probably go crazy bored and realize they aren't 25 anymore. I've truly been blessed to be apart of the family that I am apart of. As much as my family knows which button to push to get a reaction out of me, or to upset me, they also know which things to say to comfort me, and what to do to cheer me up.






I may not be the little girl I was 5,10,15 years ago, but I will always be the Walch Girl that was raised to appreciate the small things, work hard for everything, and remember what I was taught at a young age by loving Parents. And that, I am grateful for. So as this new year comes in, I only hope to learn more, gain patience and wisdom, and remember that every bump, rock, and hurdle in my way is just another lesson Heavenly Father wants me to learn from, learn how to help one another, and learn from each other, while working through trials together. May we always remember where we came from, what we represent, and try our hardest to become what we truly can amount to. The possibilities are endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment