Monday, May 11, 2009

Madre's Day





HI EVERYONE! So Mother's day went splendid. Since I am just SO far away from my amazing mother, I thought thought Mother's day was going to be a little sad this year. No waking up at the "bum" crack of dawn to make her breakfast, no creating little menus for dinner and cooking it myself AD doing dishes, no buying her flowers and reminding her to water them so they don't DIE, and no being able to just cuddle up to her and act like I'm 12 again. I was getting bummed. THEN Friday My Beautiful Grandmother called me and told me that she and my Grandfather would be speaking in their Home Ward as a "Farwell" since they recieved their Mission call to serve in New Zealand. I forgot that they would be leaving in June, and noticed that time had flew by! I then though, "Of course! What better to spend Mother's day with the Mother who gave birth to one of YOUR parents! The Mother who taught them what THEY know!" so Sunday Morning I left at the crack of dawn pretty much to drive an hour and a half to my Grandparents house for church and family dinner afterwards. It was such an amazing Sunday! I was reminded at how much we Women do! And it made me respect my Mom and Grandma, shoot EVERY MOM afterwards.




Sadly I had to leave fairly early to get ready and go to bed at a decent hour to work early today (the next day, being Monday) but thought, "OH WAIT! Even better! Meridith (my sister on a mission) gets to call home, which means she's going to call me!"......she never called. Actually, My parents forgot about me. ok ok, maybe not FORGOT about me, but they definatly never thought to three-way call me. But it's all good. After that I arrived home and spoke with my mom some more. IT was a great relaxing evening. AND as far as the Video for the day, you HAVE to check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLvQPI2DWT8

No comments:

Post a Comment